On the background of our Prime Minister’s recent visit to Guangzhou and calls for more Singapore companies to participate in the Greater Bay Area (GBA), we, IDEA, are proud to announce our partnership with the 2023 [Maker in China] SME Innovation and Entrepreneurship Global Contest – Hong Kong Chapter (SMEIEGC) to encourage Singapore SMEs and startups to set up offices in Hong Kong and GBA.
SMEIEGC is jointly organized by:
- 中国工业和信息化部 中小企业发展促进中心
- China Centre for Promotion of SME Development, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT)
- 中国香港特别行政区政府 政府资讯科技总监办公室
- Office of the Government Chief Information Officer, The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China
- 中央人民政府驻香港联络办公室 青年工作部
- Departments of Youth Affairs, Liaison Office of the Central People’s Government in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- China International Cooperation Association of SMEs
And co-organized by:
- Cyberport 數碼港
- Angel Investment Foundation 天使投資基金會
Bangkok International Intellectual Property, Invention, Innovation and Technology Exposition (IPITEx), which is held in conjunction with Thailand Inventors’ Day (2 – 6 February) every year, is an international pavilion set up to exhibit potential and interesting inventions and innovations from around the world to promote collaboration between Thai and international inventors/organizations.
The National Research Council of Thailand (NRCT) is a statutory agency of Thailand’s Ministry of Advanced Education, Science, Research, and Innovation; and is the key driver to promote and support research, invention, innovation, and technology transfer to related users in both the private and public sectors in Thailand. One of its main activities to promote inventions and innovations since 1995 is to hold Thailand Inventors’ Day.
On 10th May 1994, the Thai Cabinet resolved 2nd February of every year as Thailand Inventors’ Day, to commemorate the achievement of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej, Father of Thai Invention, for inventing Low-Speed Surface Aerator or Chaipattana Aerator. On August 14, 2001, the NRCT was appointed as the lead agency in coordinating with other government agencies and the private sector to host Thailand’s Inventors’ Day.
Every year, the event attracts around 1000 local and international teams.