The best result for TeamSG to date at Thailand Inventors’ Day (IPITEx).
This is the first time ever Singapore has won a Grand Prize in Thailand and we brought two home!
In total, we walked away with:
- 2 Grand Prizes
- 3 Gold and 1 Bronze Medals
- 6 International Special Awards
- Diploma from the Nizhny State Technical University [Kiap]
- Gold Award by the Manila Young Inventors Association [Castomize]
- Gold Medal by the Technical University of Cluj-Napoca [MMS]
- International Best Gold Award by the Hong Kong Student Invention [Castomize]
- MINDS Special Award by the Malaysia Invention and Design Society [Kiap]
- Special Award by the Egyptian Society for Women & Youth Inventors [Castomize]
It is also our largest group ever in Thailand. Seven members from two start-ups and two individual innovators took part.
Bangkok International Intellectual Property, Invention, Innovation and Technology Exposition (IPITEx), which is held in conjunction with Thailand Inventors’ Day (2 – 6 February) every year, is an international pavilion set up to exhibit potential and interesting inventions and innovations from around the world to promote collaboration between Thai and international inventors/organizations.
The National Research Council of Thailand (NRCT) is a statutory agency of Thailand’s Ministry of Advanced Education, Science, Research, and Innovation; and is the key driver to promote and support research, invention, innovation, and technology transfer to related users in both the private and public sectors in Thailand. One of its main activities to promote inventions and innovations since 1995 is to hold Thailand Inventors’ Day.
On 10th May 1994, the Thai Cabinet resolved 2nd February of every year as Thailand Inventors’ Day, to commemorate the achievement of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej, Father of Thai Invention, for inventing Low-Speed Surface Aerator or Chaipattana Aerator. On August 14, 2001, the NRCT was appointed as the lead agency in coordinating with other government agencies and the private sector to host Thailand’s Inventors’ Day.
Every year, the event attracts around 1000 local and international teams.